- Published on
What is my hack digital nomading as a parent?
I often get the question how I digital nomad as a parent? Well there is no real hack. I have a a lot of support and family and friends around the world that I can lean on when I work while in a different base.
I am not conventionally what is coined as a digital nomad. I’m more of a slowmad that stays in one base a couple months at a time. Regardless, being a digital nomad as a parent can be challenging, but it is definitely possible. Here are a few tips to help make it work:
- Plan ahead: Make sure you have a solid plan in place for childcare and schooling before you hit the road. This might include hiring a nanny. enrolling your child in an online school if they’re old enough to self-manage, bringing along a family member who can help.
- Be flexible: Being a parent means that you need to be prepared to adjust your plans and working hours as needed. This might mean being willing to change your itinerary or staying in one place longer than you originally planned.
- Stay connected: Make sure you have a way to stay in touch with your child's caregivers and teachers while you're away. This might include video calls or messaging apps.
- Find a balance: As a digital nomad, it can be easy to get caught up in work and forget to enjoy the experience. Make sure you take time to explore and have fun with your family.
- Research your destinations: Do your research and make sure the places you're planning to visit are safe and family-friendly.
- Be prepared for unexpected: Having a backup plan is always a good idea, such as having access to emergency funds, access to healthcare, and insurance coverage.
Overall, being a digital nomad as a parent requires a lot of planning and flexibility, but with the right approach, it can be a rewarding and enriching experience for both you and your child. Do you have any tips working as a digital nomad parent? Share on Twitter or Instagram!